Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Spot Landing Comp at Big Spring

Since I was participating in the spot landing contest, I couldn't get any footage of the action. Ricker, on the other hand, put one camera on the ground and then took still shots with another. He gave me the video clips to put together so here it is - the "cactus cam".




And then, I had a bit of a controversial landing. "was the landing over?" For the landing to count, you have to be on your feet and only the wingtips or keel can touch. Basebar and nose disqualifies you. I felt my landing was over and I was repositioning to get off the field. Anyway, I was 4th so it didn't matter. Spot landing was alot of fun. Check out the footage below.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

you bad!

MontreAl said...

hmmm... that's a tough one. Was that a bit of a stumble at the end when the tube touched ground? Was the landing officially over at the instant both feet touched the ground? Great landing in any case.

Anonymous said...

I think your landing should count, but on a different note...can you send me a little bio and photo of yourself so I can add you to the staff page.

Thanks.
jen

Eric said...

Will do. Thanks Anonymous Jen.