Sunday, January 3, 2010

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year everyone. John C, Scott, James(staples) and I decided to brave the below freezing temps for a good old New Years Day flight. Scott, James and I took off towards the point in Chattanooga. Solid ridge lift made getting there and back a breeze. It was a lot of fun and I can't think if any better way to bring in a new decade than by a cold, scenic cross-county flight with my buds. Check out the flight in the video below. The LZ got a little switchy on us while landing, but everyone pulled it off with style.

5 comments:

Scott said...

YEAAAAAAA, that was FUN!!! Cool video for an even COLDER day. That PREDATOR wing is really sweet lookin' in the air! Your wing looks nice also. and SOUNDS even better! But it's to fast, or is it fast enough? Thanks for lettin' me act a fool with you!

Albert said...

Fun video - good music too. Did you do a loop on that flight?

Eric said...

I guess a loop is going "straight" over the top with the wing perfectly level with the horizon. These were more like tilted loops or "wingovers". Wingovers require less speed and have an easier recovery if you get too slow over the top. Still a lot of fun!

K harmer said...

Hey Eric, I recently got a Myth 3 harness to go with my Talon 140. I have a DHV length hang loop (47" from strap to basebar). Is that what you use? I seem to be hanging a bit low. Thanks, Kipp

Eric said...

Hey Kipp, I'm not sure what my measurement is, but the original strap was too short for me so I had a custom strap sewn here at Lookout. I just brought in the old one and said I wanted it "x" inches longer. I like to put my chest a few inches above the bar when I am parallel with the wing. Then I can drop my chest to the bar for a cleaner, more heads down attitude for glides.