Thursday, April 30, 2009

Task 3


It was another long task today. 90 miles. My flight started with some frustration since it took four tows to stick in the air. After I got to cloudbase, I realized I would be doing this task all alone. This made my day much more difficult. The climbs today were quite nasty also. They did not seem as organized as yesterday. I made the first turnpoint with relative ease, but getting to the second tested my patience. Crawling low over unfriendly terrain had me on my toes and taking every climb that I could find. I made the second turnpoint just South of Arcadia and headed north only to hit steady sink. After a short glide I had to land in a pasture next to the highway. As I broke the glider down I noticed all the clouds going away and knew I wouldn't have made it much further anyway. So, I made it 56 out of 90 miles and was surprised I made it that far. Sitting in the field waiting for Dale, my driver, was quite peaceful.


Lucas made goal today although it took almost 5 hours. He should do well in this comp because he has been consistant. Way to go man!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HAD TO BE YOUR TUG PILOTS FOUGHT!!! SAW THE PIC. OF YOU ON LUCAS'S SIGHT, YOU WERE RT. BEHIND HIM. N IF THAT LIL' PUNK MADE IT YOU SHOULDA BEEN ROLLIN' IN THE STRAW WITH HIM! (just like you boys like to back home) STILL, 56 MILES IS A HELL OF A FLIGHT!!! RUB ON THE BEN GAY AND GO AT AGAIN TODAY!!! FLY HIGH, FLY FAR, FLY FAST!!! STAY SAFE