Monday, November 30, 2009

The Latest Scultpures

This flower grew to about 16 inches tall. I believe the stand is cherry and the petals are made of African Padauk. The center is blown glass. This piece started because I noticed the grain in the ambrosia maple looked like clouds. So I grooved out a piece of mahogany and put in cherry inlay. The border is made of zebrawood. Then I carved a couple of hanggliders out of mahogany and brushed on a gloss finish. I still don't feel like it is finished and may try to add a mountain range along the horizon line. What's hang gliding without mountains? All of my pieces are for sale. If you are interested, my email is hangwait@gmail.com. Custom orders are available.





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your artwork is amazing, Eric! You are incredibly talented!

Happy Holidays!
Bouchi ;)

Unknown said...

Hope you have some stuff left! Very impressive! Ollie

Eric said...

Thanks Bouchi and Ollie. I sold the flower but have others still.
Eric