Thursday, July 9, 2009

Head in the Clouds

The other day I noticed low, puffy clouds starting to form early in the day. I did a few chores and decided to go for a flight. I went and asked Dave to tow me high above the soft monsters so I could get some pictures.

It turned out to be one of those really special days in the air. Thinking I was going for a short hop, I left my vario on the ground. The glide back down to cloudbase was calm and relaxing. Then, below cloud base, I noticed the air was active and I started playing with the lift going back up. It was so effortless and the scenery was breath-taking. I glided around the entire valley at or above cloudbase, with only the sound of the wind. I was glad my vario, and it's sometimes annoying beeps, were on the ground.

It would have been a great XC day but the base was so low. Maybe 2000 over launch. Well, I put together a little video from the flight. Enjoy!

3 comments:

Greeneyed_doll said...

Nice video Eric. I would like to do a tandem on a day like that!
Beth

Unknown said...

Super video Eric! Love to get there one day soon! Looks pretty much legal too! HAHA! Ollie

Eric said...

Thanks guys. Let's go flying!