Friday, March 20, 2009

Grateful Dad

Last summer my friend Scott said his father had a sailboat he would like to get out of his yard. I goofed around and never went to get it. 6 months later he called and said that for $66 bucks he would put new tires and bearings on the trailer and bring it to me. How could I say no!





So it began in early September. I wanted to try and restore the boat before winter, but I ran out of time. All of the wood was rotten, and I decided a fresh coat of paint couldn't hurt. I bought a bunch of Mahogany from a local supplier and went to town in my new woodshop. I spent hours sanding and painting on the hull, finding a new respect for people who do this professionally. Of course, it took longer than expected.



Now, the first day of Spring, I am FINISHED! Well, almost, maybe,... I don't think it will ever be perfect, but it is going to sail soon. This weekend I hope.












3 comments:

Anonymous said...

monsterofgrace@yahoo.com...that's the email yo

Anonymous said...

Eric,the boat looks F..Kin AWESOME!!! how bout that lettering! very cool. not sure why you used two F`s but what do i know? paintbrush? stencils? frustrating? looks excellant!!! just kiddin bout the two F`s thing.fun to watch you start second guessing yourself and get all squirmy like.hope the maiden voyage goes fantastic. later dude

Anonymous said...

haha, scott knows you